Howell Laboratories, Inc.
A portion of the pumped flow is diverted through a cartridge containing bromine-impregnated resin. The bromine dissolves into the water stream, disinfecting the potable water with its biocidal action.
Showing all 6 results
Model 6979 Potable Water Brominator$0.00
Consists of two rugged, below-deck, bulkhead-mounted, brominator assemblies, manifolded together with flexible hose. All-bronze pump and corrosion-resistant fittings used throughout. Storage tank alignment is via solenoid valves activated by a switch on the control panel, which also includes pump start/stop, tank selector switch, and bromine feeder status indicator. Time totalizers keep track of total cartridge usage.
Our patented Total Bromine Control System is available as an option with this unit. This system automatically controls the bromine level in the ship’s water storage tanks and alerts ship’s personnel when the bromine cartridges are depleted.
- Treats water generated by the ship’s water makers as well as recirculating and treating the water in the ship’s two water storage tanks.
- Designed for reliable service and long life.
- Control panel meets IEEE-45 standards for shipboard electrical service.
Model 6652-C12 (6666-G501) Proportioning Brominator$0.00
Consists of a bulkhead-mounted brominator assembly. The unique cartridge housing is manufactured from a high-strength plastic that will never corrode. Combined with the corrosion resistant fittings used throughout the unit, reliable service and long life are ensured. A water meter keeps track of cartridge usage.
- Treats potable water as it is being bunkered.
- No electrical power needed.
Model 6652-C100 Proportioning Brominator$0.00
Designed to apply a small concentration of bromine to the potable water supply aboard ship. Serves one or more potable water storage tanks. Bromine is applied by passing the incoming water through a cartridge containing a bromine-impregnated resin. The water dissolves bromine from the resin.
This is a unique design for a low-flow desalinator, using a venturi injector to create suction on the bromine canister, along with a metering valve to regulate the flow. The onboard flowmeter displays the flow in multiple programmable units, both English and SI. The system is configured for 240 VAC at 50 Hz, and can be supplied configured for 115 VAC at 60 Hz.
- Brominator solution for low-flow desalinator.
- Flow sensor to monitor current flow and total flow through the bromine cartridge.
- Temperature gauge for accurate indication of water temperature.
Model 6651-2C110LL Recirculating Brominator$0.00
Treats potable water as it is being bunkered or after being manufactured by the ship’s water production system. Consists of a rugged, below-deck, bulkhead-mounted, brominator assembly. Cartridge housing is manufactured from a high-strength plastic that will never corrode. Combined with the corrosion resistant fittings used throughout the unit, reliable service and long life are ensured.
Re-treats water in potable water storage tanks to maintain a desired bromine residual. A time totalizer keeps track of cartridge usage and lights a lamp when the cartridge needs to be changed.
- Dual water paths for separate treatment of two water storage tanks.
- Time totalizer to keep track of cartridge usage.
- Unique cartridge housing of high-strength, non-corroding plastic.
Model 6651-2C110 Recirculating Brominator$0.00
Includes a rugged, below-deck, bulkhead-mounted, brominator/pump assembly and a remote bulkhead-mounted control panel. The control panel includes the pump start/stop station, tank selector switch, and a lamp indicating when the unit is brominating.
Alignment for storage tank recirculation via solenoid valves activated by a switch on the remote control panel. Time totalizer keeps track of cartridge usage and lights a lamp when the cartridge needs to be changed. The unique cartridge housing is manufactured from a high-strength plastic that will never corrode, and the all-bronze pump and corrosion-resistant fittings used throughout are designed for reliable service and long life.
- Recirculates and treats the water in the ship’s two potable water storage tanks.
- Uses NSN 4610-01-022-9970 replacement bromine cartridge.
Model 6550 Recirculating Brominator$0.00
The cartridge housing is a high-strength technical plastic which will never corrode. It can easily be mounted on either side of the brominator, minimizing required access space. The electrical panel includes pump start/stop station, tank selector switch, and an indicator of the bromine feeder status. A totalizer keeps track of bromination time to aid the operator in determining bromination status in the tank being treated. The control panel can be mounted remotely, providing an extremely user-friendly installation.
- Uses NSN 4610-01-022-9970 replacement cartridges.
- Incorporates improvements not previously available on any bromination system.
- Manual DPD (diethyl-p-phenylene diamene) colorimeter test kit included.